|Photo Credit: Bernews.com|
I'm still on vacation in the land of sun and salt water, Bermuda. We, Robin and I, are having a great time visiting family, going to the beach and sleeping in the warm breezes. All of that is great, but honey, it is some kind of HOTT around here. You would never guess I grew up here. Clearly my body has acclimated to being in constant air conditioning. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I did need to take the heat into consideration when I
for vacation this year. packed
Apart from the normal things one would need for a vacation in the sun like a hat and
I needed to bring a few other items. Let's take a peek inside the bag: sun screen
- The Bag itself. I tend to over pack so I have learned to create a limit by only packing what can fit in my gym bag.
- Sneakers: Even though I
on vacation half 'm training must continue. mary
- Reflective Vest: Since the only reasonable temperature to run in is at the break of day I felt it was important for me to be safe so I packed my vest.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The change of climate always affects me so one of the ways I try to monitor my expenditure is with the heart rate monitor.
- Stretch Band: As I'm sure you remember all the problems I'm having with my hips and hamstrings during this training so I bought my stretch band to help me along.
- Head Phones: truly old walk-man style and decrepit that I have had since the turn of time. Only one ear works, but why I don't throw them away I don't know.
- Weight Gloves: I'm doing Kettlebells for strength training while I'm here.
- Phone Clip: I love this thing. It is so versatile and far easier to use than the arm band phone holder.
- Fanny Pack: Let me not be shy about it. Yes, I have developed a liking for the fanny pack since I started training for this half marathon. Honestly, we need a little more when we are running those distances and this has been the most convenient way for me.
- Rash Guard: The sun and I don't get along well and I can't stand sun block. This rash guard is the middle ground for me. Kayaking and Paddle Boarding this week! Can't wait.
- Camelbak: Since you know I"m always on the edge of dehydration I figured I better bring this puppy along for those long runs.
14. And last but least my new lover and
Foam Roller. Never leave home without it. bestie
Here is a pic I took along my long run this week. Stopping to enjoy the scenery helps with the distance.
This post is in the following link ups:
Do you lack inspiration or have problems staying motivated?
Keep Up With Us On:
Facebook: Valuable health, fitness and wellness info
Twitter: A little bit of everything above
& on Periscope @MW_GinaB New!!! Watch for us in Bermuda!
It's Time To Link Up!
Welcome to this week's edition of the 'Fit Faith Link Up'!
#FitFaith is brought to you by your hostess:
Stephanie of Team Fit Mommy
Disclosure: Post your link on either one of our blogs and it will display on both of our blogs.